Thursday, June 08, 2006

Maggie Mae Gallo 1992-2006

Maggie Mae Gallo 1992-2006

Maggie Mae Gallo, born in Kokomo , in 1992, passed away at approximately 12:25 P.M. Tuesday June 6th, 2006 at her home in West Middleton.

Maggie was the beloved pet and daughter of Ryan Chaplin and Allison Gallo, who survive.

Maggie came to join the Gallo family in 1999 where she met her soul mate Jerry R. Gallo, who also survives.

Maggie was a timid but loving gal. She enjoyed spending time in her bed licking Jerry's ears. She also enjoyed as occasional walk to the United Methodist Church in West Middleton, as well as walks in the park. Maggie had a deep appreciation for cheese, and would often dance on her hind legs for an extra piece. She especially enjoyed chasing the rotweiler's at the nieghbors house.

Also surviving are her three sons: Sampson Harris, Simon Depalma, and Jerry Junior (J.J.) Depalma, all of Kokomo. He is also survived by a brother: Franklin Gallo, of West Middleton. Also surviving are her grandparents Will and helga Snyder and Dan and Janet Chaplin all of Kokomo. She also had several aunts and uncles: Clinton Walker, Cindy Taylor, Michael Guimont, and many many others.

Maggie enjoyed a full life and was a perfect companion for Jerry and Franklin.

Services have already been held in Maggie's back yard Tuesday afternoon.

We all pray she is at peace.
_________________________________
I miss you my little sweet pea Maggie Mae!!!
Stink-mouth.....Fatty girl......
We all love you!!!!!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....that makes me want to cry....especially that sweet little picture of her face.

What happened?

alli-gal said...

Maggie had been going downhill for awhile. She didn't have much energy, but still ate, drank, peed, pooped, and got real excited over people and food!!!

The vet told me she was getting old and her systems would eventually start shutting down.

The crazy thing was, we expected her to start getting sick...like vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite..all that kind of stuff, but it never happened.

The night before she passed away, she seemed OK, but tired. But when Cindy brought over her new beagle puppy, Maggie was extatic. She barked and pushed the other dogs out of the way and played with him. She seemed to feel fine.

The timing couldn't have been better. I was working for Dr. yoder and Dr. LeGrand that day which gave me a long lunch that started at about 11:15. Normally Iwould have just left for work by then. When I got home, I knew something was wrong because she wasn't waiting at the door for me. After a few minutes, I found her trembling under the couch.

All of a suddden, I became He-man. I threw the wrought iron coffee table across the room, and pulled apart the sectional couch and lept over it. It wasn't until I had been crouching there for a few mintes talking to her that I realized that I had the couch resting on my back.

I decided I needed to move her, so I picked her up and moved her to her bed. She laid there for about a half hour before she finally died. I was able to get ahold of Ryan, so he made it home in time to be with me, and we had her buried before I had to go back to work. I said a little prayer with her because I knew I had to go back to work. I prayed that it would all be over with before I had to leave. I just couldn't leave her there......And within about two or three minutes, it was all over with.

I cried like a baby......

enN2sp said...

She is soooooooooo cute in her picture, I just love both pics.

We are so Sorry your baby has passed.

I know it hurts to lose a pet who is really your baby My first EVER pet was Belle (a black cat).

This is after we had the girls they were about 5 and 6 at the time and Belle was MY baby, I cried so hard I just could help myself.

When we told the girls they asked “when can we get another pet”. Just like any other kid would do.

Now we have Sophie and she IS my baby. Brent hates it that I baby her, that why I tell him My girls aren't babies anymore so I baby Sophie.

Andrea said...

I didn't think Maggie was that old. Poor little ol girl. At least she had a wonderful life once she came into your home. Sweet little baby girl.

boneman said...

Dang! Haven't gotten t'meet any of yer ratters, but, that face. What a heart breaker.

Y'know, this don't make it any better fer ya, but, maybe GOD just had too many rats running around Heaven and needed help taking care of....
Like when he had too many food bites left over after their dinners, HE took m'Beanie.

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»