Tuesday, August 30, 2005

so sad...........

I am so sad.

I just read an announcement on Ekoostik Hookah's website saying that they are taking a break touring this winter. They promised to return next spring, but I was really looking forward to another season of following them.

I believe that they will be back. They have such a great chemistry with one another, and they know that. I guess maybe I'm just being selfish. The percussionist, Johnny, just got married last weekend. Dave, the keyboardist just had a baby this past spring, and I know that Steve, the lead guitarist, has a serious girlfriend. So, in all honesty, if I were in their shoes, I may be ready for a little time to myself as well.

They have toured throughout the year, for the last 13 years. Plus, everyone except for my buddy Eric (the drummer) has side projects that they are always working on. They squeeze in as many shows with their other bands as they can between the Hookah shows. I can't imagine having that kind of schedule. I think I've got it rough working 40 hours a week in a hospital I live six miles from. I probably would have taken a break a long time ago.

I'm just a little worried that this will be the beginning of the end of E.H. Their message to their fans was fairly reassuring, but they have been a huge part of my life for awhile now, and I don't want to lose that. I think Eric and I will keep in touch, so hopefully I will know all the details soon.

Ryan and I are going to Hookahville this weekend, so I will definitely be asking a lot of questions when I see them. I'm really excited for the show, and plan to make the best of it while they're still touring this fall.

I'll write again after Hookahville with plenty of good stories, I'm sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » » »