Monday, June 20, 2005

Good Times with "Sleepy Time"

So, I went to a pretty interesting concert this weekend. "Sleepy Time Gorilla Museum" Ever heard of them? It's hard to describe their music, other than the fact that they are extremely original in their sound. They have a lot of home made and custom made instruments. Lots of percussion instruments that make sounds I've never heard, and I'm definitely not smart enough to figure out how to do that on my own.

I was so impressed. The guys would have given my mom or grandma a heart attack, but I found them to be very approachable. (They all wear dresses and paint their faces) I appreciate a band member who is not too good to talk to his fans. Some of us are very intersting!!! Some people might find "inspirational" to be the wrong word to describe these guys, but it's the best one I can think of.

I got to meet some cool people from Chicago (friends of a friend), and I got some good quality time in with my Roommate, Ryan (my Love), and a good friend of mine from work. Good times were had by all!!!!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I check out the sleepytime website.

I'm scared of those people!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! omega watches residential interior design Sony dcr pc103 handycam Car cover 350z oem Hair loss black woman http://www.golf-resorts-0.info Kia occasion