Thursday, June 23, 2005

When it rains, it pours!!

Why is it that when something goes wrong, everything else seems to go to crap all at once?

This is just the beginning of it...........
About a month ago, I was in a wreck with a couple of my fiends. Fortunately none of us were badly injured. Just a few scrapes and bruises. We got hit head on by a drunk driver who actually walked (or stumbled) away from the scene. My friends and I are still stuck with the memories of being hit head on, just about wetting our pants, slamming our heads into seats and airbags..it was great. However, our buddy, the drunk guy, woke up in jail the next day with no recollection of anything from the previous night. I wish he remembered it as well as we do...he deserves to.

Then, a couple weeks ago, I got home from a great trip with my Honey to St. Louis only to find that my air conditioner had crapped out on me. It's been about 85-90 degrees every day, and I only have a window unit, so it's hard enough to keep the place cool when it IS working. It has been nice in the evenings, so at least I haven't lost much sleep over it. Not for the physical aspects of the problem anyway.

Then, a few days later, I come home from work, sweaty, worn out, and just dying to get in the shower. But oh no, we have no water! My damn water pump went out again! This is the 3rd pump I've replaced in the last few years. This is just rediculous!!!

OK a couple days after that, I get in this stupid accident in an alley of all places. I think me and the other lady were maybe going a whole 5-10 miles an hour...remember, it was an alley!!! So, I'm looking at my car thinking "this won't be too bad, maybe a few hundred dollars worth of damage." But the people who did my estimate and I apparently don't think much alike. They gave me a whopping grand total of $1899.00!!!!! I think it's criminal! Plus, I was really mad because I just paid the car off about a month ago.

So, needless to say, none of these problems are cheap to fix. They always say God won't give you more than you can handle. I've said it before...He must think I'm Wonder Woman or something....I'm going crazy here!!!! If God could just drop me a check, that would be great!! The only thing I can think of that maybe He's thinking is that I'll just pay for everything with the extra money I won't be giving the electric company this month because I haven't used the air conditioner or the water pump....I really don't think that'll cover it all :-)

I'll figure something out!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »