Tuesday, July 12, 2005

well, well, well

I've never been a big fan of renting homes, but after all the trouble I've had as a home owner over the last few years, I'm beginning to think it might be nice again.

I found out last week that I'm going to have to have my yard dug up to either replace pipes that may be leaking, or possibly dig a whole new well. I have been without water for over a month now. This is getting rediculous!!!

This has been an ongoing problem with my home for years. In the past when the water pump has lost its prime, I can usually prime it and get it going again. Not this time!!! I've tried and tried to get it going with no success. What a pain!!!

The big problem with having to dig to get to the well is that we have no idea where the well is. There is no evidence of it in my yard whatsoever. I at least know which side of the house its on, because I know where my septic is, and they have to be at least 50-60 ft apart.

After I get this fixed, I think I'm going to put my house on the market. I'm so tired of dealing with all the problems. In some ways, there is a part of me that would like to have a landlord to call every time something went wrong, but I really don't think I'll ever rent again. I plan on looking for a newer home. Hopefully with less trouble than the one I'm in now. I feel sorry for the poor soul who gets stuck with my house!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allison,
Brent and I think U should get out as soon as possible (when all this is done) he said U need 2 get a first time homeowners Lone. Jill could help you with that like she helped us. There are about 4 to 5 houses for sell by and around Grammy's, U know close 2 the hospital so U wouldn't have 2 drive so far and when the streets R slick with snow.

sela said...

I think you should buy a house in my neighborhood!!! Start packing now and let your roomies know, so you can show your house through A.J. asap when you get your well fixed!!

Andrea said...

Here's my vote! MOVE! I mean unless you've recently decided to become Amish then put this house on the market and let that baby go to someone else.

No one should live without water and you deserve a better life with less stress.

Oh by the way, I think you should buy a house in MY neighborhood....uh, in fact, you can buy OUR house. We'll give you a great deal.

Seeeeeee ya & Love ya!