Saturday, September 17, 2005

music pick for today........

For the last few days, I have been hooked on Van Morrison. I don't think my Moondance CD has left my car stereo for about a week. Although my favorite Van Morrison song (Brown Eyed Girl) isn't on this disc, it has some other great tunes like "Into the Mystic" and "These Dreams of You."

Another CD that has caught my attention is Paul Mccartney's new release, called "Chaos and Creation in the Backyard." I haven't heard the whole thing, but I saw a documentary about the recording sessions that was very good. Paul Mccartney is creditied with playing several of the instruments throughout the album. Some that I can actually remember are the drums, guitar, bass, keyboards, block flute, and something called the harmonium. I have no idea what that is, but I thought a lot more of the album when I heard that he had done that. The music is pretty basic, but Paul had a few songs with some great lyrics. I don't own it yet, but I will soon.

Last, for today, anyone who likes the blues, and/or Aerosmith, should check out their CD called "Honkin' on Bobo." It is an album that was released a year or two ago, but I just recently found it. It is mainly covers of old blues songs. A couple of the songs that I liked were "Shame, Shame, Shame" and "Eyesight to the Blind."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to get that NEW Paul McCartney Cd also. I heard it was GREAT.

Andrea like the bules.

Andrea said...

I saw that Paul McCartney documentary too. Rich and I both said, if Paul goes on tour again...we are there!

I love the blues so I'll have to check out the other CD you recommended.

Who needs Best Buy or Barnes & Noble when I've got a cousin like you! You're such a great music source! You should be a review music for the newspaper!!!

Keep the recommends comin'!!!!