Monday, November 13, 2006

Fun in St Louis!!!

Well, I have no pictures to share yet because I forgot to buy a battery for my camera.....dang it!!! Hopefully some friends will e-mail me some pictures I'll be able to share later!!

Anyway, Ryan, our friend Brook, and I all took a trip to St Louis this past weekend for a surprise party for our friend Jeff. Jeff's 30th birthday is December 23rd, so he was clueless that his wife, Karen, was throwing him a party at all. That always makes it fun when the surprise works out!!

Jeff lived in Indiana for a few years when he was in high school, and that's how he and Ryan know eachother. He and his wife have become very good friends of mine also since Ryan introduced us a couple years ago. Karen works in an art studio as a glass blower, so she had the party in an art studio. It was awesome!! She got Jeff there by telling him they were just going to see a display of someone that she works with. Needless to say, he was totally shocked when he saw a bunch of hoosiers pouring out from behind a wall!!! (By the way, NEVER admit to being a "Hoosier" in St Loius......it's their term for dumbass)

Karen did such a great job with everything. She had posted pictures of Jeff all over the walls of the studio from the time he was a baby up until recently. Ryan was in a ton of them...it was hilarious. She also had some fancy appetizers, and free beer and wine. You all know how I feel about wine!!!! There was music, and a small fire on the porch of the studio with a huge sculpture around it, and it was just warm enough to still enjoy the fire.

Before we had to be at the studio, we had a couple hours to burn, so we went on the Anheiser Busch brewery tour. I got to pet the beautiful Clydesdales....Holy cow...those horses are HUGE!!!! We also ate at Schlafley's where I ate a bison burger...yummy!!!

After the party, we all stayed at Jeff and Karen's house for the night. We had a blast. I got to hang out with an old friend from high school that also knows Jeff, so that was fun. (Rafael Vega...Jen, I think you probably know him) It's weird becuase he lives in Chicago now, and the only time I ever see him is in St Louis. We all hung out an listened to music and played the pinball machine Karen just bought for Jeff.....yeah, I said pinball machine. They are such fun people...you never know what they'll come up with next!!!

So, another weekend has passed, and next weekend is the big one. We've been waiting for our trip to Atlanta for months now, and it's only a few days away....I can't wait. In fact, on a spur of the moment decision, we decided to take an extra day and stop in Tennessee on the way home and go to Graceland.....I'll have a new battery for my camera by the time we take that trip for sure!!!!

No comments: