Thursday, October 18, 2007

Ween in Bloomington

Ah......The Bluebird. Most of us have been there. If we haven't been there, then most of our parents have. Some of us have even played there :-) Either way you look at it, there's a lot of history at The Bluebird.History was made, at least in my book, this past Tuesday when I got to see Ween there. WOW!!! What a show. I thought my head was gonna explode more than once. I have been familiar with Ween since shortly after their official debut album in the early nineties. Until Clint moved in with me, I never payed much attention to them. I was really missing something.

The two main members of the band have officially taken on aliases Dean and Gene Ween. in fact, until recently, I thought they were brothers. They're not, but you would think they had the same blood pulsing through their veins by watching how in sync they are with one another. This is Gene Ween on lead vocals. I really enjoyed seeing him live. He is a very lively charachter. His facial expressions are entertainment in themselves.....even without the music.

The show in Bloomington was the first show of their fall tour. Because it was the first show of the tour, they only sold a limited amount of tickets. They said they would like it to be a more intimate show for their fans. The Bluebird is a pretty small venue anyway, but when you only had a couple hundred people in there, it seemed like we were all at a private party together I'm very thankful we got in on those tickets. Rumor has it, they sold out in a matter of minutes. Luckily, we had a friend of a friend who works for Ticketmaster all over those tickets as soon as they went on sale.


This is Monique, Clint, Tish and me..................


Shawn Kirby and Ryan were smart...they stocked up on beer before they hit the front of the stage so they wouldn't have to leave in between songs.
Gene Ween rockin'..........................
Gene Ween bidding us all goodnight.................. Dean Ween on guitar....................
Glen McClelland on keys............




I'm guessing this picture was taken early in the evening because my hair ended up in a ponytail by the end of the night..............
Monique and me again....................
Tish and me......................I love her cheeks :-)
Oh yes....the prized Ween flyer. I was lucky enough to make friends with the door guy who gave me this flyer after the show. I thought I was gonna have to fight a couple chick for it, but he gave it to me :-)!!!! That will eventually end up on our wall in the back bedroom with all our other flyers.
We had to drive home the same night because I had to get Mom to a doctor's appointment by 7:45 the next morning. I made it, but I was like a zombie. I would have liked to have stayed and hung out for awhile, but duty calls sometimes.
This Saturday we're headed to Chicago to see them again. I can't wait!!!!


2 comments:

Andrea said...

There's not much I can think of that's better than Bloomington in the fall!

Bitzky77 said...

WEEN! I'm a WEENR too!

Wish I could have been there. I have many fond memories playing shows at The Bluebird. WE USED TO TOTALLY OWN THAT PLACE...YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW!!!!!!!!! For a few years, we were playing the Bluebird around 2 times a month. Getting misty now...gotta go. Thanks for posting photos! Great to see inside again.