Monday, December 11, 2006

RIP JOHN






Imagine

Imagine there's no heaven,
It's easy if you try,
No hell below us,
Above us only sky,

Imagine all the people
living for today...

Imagine there's no countries,
It isn't hard to do,
Nothing to kill or die for,
No religion too,

Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

Imagine no possesions,
I wonder if you can,
No need for greed or hunger,
A brotherhood of man,

Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer,
but I'm not the only one,I
hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

- John Lennon -



I missed it by a few days due to lack of computer access, but I always like to take a little time out at this time of year to remember one of my heroes....John Lennon.

December 8th was the 26th anniversary of his death. It's hard to believe that I can remember something from that long ago, but I do. I have probably mentioned this before, but it was the first time I ever saw my Dad cry....and I will never forget that.

I never knew there was an area in Central Park called "Strawberry Fields" that is a memorial site for John Lennon. I found a few pictures I thought were pretty cool.

I think this world needs someone like John to come along with the ideas of peace and love and do it all over again.....we need more people like him in this world.

No comments: