Friday, February 24, 2006

Music pick for the day




I've found a new CD that I was very surprised that I liked so well. It's the Curious George soundtrack. Jack Johnson has such a soft and tender voice that it's perfect for the type of music on this CD.

I've bought a few Jack Johnson CDs in the past, and I have always enjoyed them. He's got a real "feel-good" vibe to everything he does. I was a little skeptical when I heard he was doing this soundtrack, but I have been pleasantly surprised.

This is something that the whole family, from the kids all the way to grandma and grandpa, would appreciate. There are good messages in these songs, and the general happy go lucky feel that Jack adds to all his tunes is overly abundant. It's one of those CDs I can put in and it just makes me smile.

There are some soft, sweet lullabies. There are a couple of Jack's typical bouncy and happy songs. There is a cover of a White Stripes song that I was really impressed with. And he also does a duet with Ben Harper, who I LOVE!!!!!

His CD debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Magazine's top 200. This is his first No. 1 CD!!! Good job Jack!!!

I recommend it highly........

No comments: