Monday, August 14, 2006

This Day in Music History...

1985
Michael Jackson outbids Paul McCartney and Yoko Ono, at $47.5 million, to obtain catalog rights to 250 songs written by John Lennon and McCartney.

hhmmmm.........Michael was a creep 21 years ago too...how about that....


1941
David Crosby is born David Van Courtland in Los Angeles. He is a member of the Byrds, then teams up with Stephen Stills and Graham Nash to form Crosby, Stills & Nash in 1968. The group wins the best new artist Grammy in 1969.

Who doesn't love David Crosby???? HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID (as if he'd ever see this)

:-)

4 comments:

boneman said...

Yeah, our friend Greg Ziesmer and his band, the Spudpuppies (Y'love 'm even without hearin' em, don'tcha?)
The Spud PUPPIES wanted t'do Rain on the album they cut, and paid $109 fer up to a thousand prints.
Sounds good, don't get me wrong.
But, had t'pay Micheal fer the song.

alli-gal said...

Wow, I wouldn't want to pay Michael for ANYTHING!!!!

And, yes, I DO love 'em without even hearin' 'em!!!!!

Andrea said...

I loved the old Michael Jackson - the pre-surgery, wide nose, dark skin Michael. The creature that he's become is so weird.

I actually feel bad for the guy - I don't excuse his actions because I feel bad for him, don't get me wrong.

alli-gal said...

Yeah, he's definitely a creepy CREATURE these days........